Monday, October 11, 2010

Path Undefined

A weekend spent wisely?
I don’t know.
All I know is it got me even more lost on planning my future path.

What I want to do and what I should be doing (according to the norms of humans and especially the locals), which are clashing my brain. Dreams that I wish to achieve, yet the ‘mind’ of an engineer-to-be is pulling me back.

Though it’s obvious that in many situations, life is not as ideal as it is in SRC, the so-called work-life balance. Your working life would definitely be a much larger part of your life. Therefore, it is a MUST that I get a job that would serve a passion of my life; an environment where I can slot a part of ‘life’ in willingly.

Availability of choices is tearing me apart.

Whether to stay at my home ground or to take up the challenge in an alien location?
To aim for the technical or to walk the management line?
To further studies now or later?
To specialize in an engineering major or to take the common yet useful MBA?


I know I’m being too desperate. Can’t stop my monkey brain from thinking…
Probably it would be fine if I could have some useful advice (though that’s what’s causing the endless thoughts), especially fine for some career reviews with experience people.

2 comments:

Kae Vin said...

haha. You would expect me to leave a message here wouldn't you?! :D

Well my advice would be do whatever that is available at the moment! :)

Just bear in mind, once you step into the academic world, there's no turning back (unless you wanna be a drop-out). But if you work, you still have choices. :)

Just have faith and pray :)

Kyflein said...

LOL. Thanks a lot Kaevin.
Nice piece of advice. :)