Saturday, January 14, 2006

Gathering for the ex-Beijing Diplomats

Such a tiring day today. Right after coming home from the Undang-undang test and the Theory lesson for motorcar, I was to get ready to go to a gathering held in my father's "boss" -- the ambassodor Datuk Majid's house in PJ. When we got there, it was raining cats and dogs.

Leaving China since more than five years ago, I admit that I had trouble recalling some of the people whom I knew before. Of course, I rememebr Datuk Majid and Datin Maliha. Their 2nd daughter had grown a lot taller, and also their youngest son, who was only a cute little boy when we saw him in Beijing. The little kids who were in Beijing had also grown bigger, looking more and more alike their elder siblings. The aunties and uncles haven't much changed, only that more than half of them I don't recognise, I guess they are those who went to Beijing after we left.

The whole session is more about food, yes... LOTS of food, from catering to pot-luck. It reminded me af the times when we were in Beijing, where once in a while during occasions like Hari Raya, there would be many open-houses and it would be like food feast! I ate so much today, I guess the jog yesterday is doing no good! In the end there was a lot of food left, and the aunties (including my mom) got some plastic bags to take away the left over food. Oh god, this will be a day or two all about left-over food as meals!!

Anyway, I it is quite a nice gathering, as we got to see some 'old' people again. Though, I a good friend of mine didn't come...


Saturday, Jan 14 2006 (10.38pm)

No comments: