Thursday, October 05, 2006

Blur blur world...

My world is so yellowish now. So blur...

All because of it... the HAZE.

Yes it's here again, since a few days ago, paying its annual visit to our country. No matter how unwelcomed it is.

I didn't really took notice of it until today. Though I did hear about it from the news. While waiting for the shuttle van today, I smelt something. The smell of about a year ago... Though it's not half as serious as it was last year, this is still very unhealthy.

Is it because of the haze that I caught a cold recently? well... maybe, or maybe it was the cold. Anyway, my throat is starting to feel itchy and constantly dry now. Definitely feels bad.

It quite an unfortunate for the haze to hit the towns at this time of the year. Especially since it's the Ramadhan now, when the Muslims are fasting. It adds the burden to them, drying out their throats even more.

This reminds me of the days a year back. I remember the principal seeming taking a 'pleasurable' walk among the haze, looking at the 'scenery'. while we, in the classroom, were shouting to him to declare holiday! You see, we have the most open-aired classrooms at school, so open that it seems there's only the roof that's protecting us. And even the ceiling was falling off some time later.

The classroom was al misty, as if we were in heaven. Only that, it felt like hell smelling the awful 'smoke'.

Right now, it might be a directly opposite situation. At university I am enclosed in air-conditioned room almost all day, so the haze doesn't affect me as much as before. Except that I am often FREEZING instead (that was how I caught my cold). So much different a situation from last year.

Such an unsuitable way of welcoming David Tao to our country again. Hope he doesn't fall sick to it. ANd hope so much that the situation would be much better tomorrow, during his showcase.

No comments: