Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Hate the haze

Never have I seen such heavy haze before. I know from my friends that in 1997 there was an even worst haze in the country, but this one is already torturing me like hell! The haze which was caused by open burning in Sumatra, has been around us since last week maybe Tuesday.It got worse and worse everyday, and especially starting this week, we start to experience unhealthy air, in which we can smell smoke everywhere (except indoors). It was so bad today that the Teacher of the last 2 periods (Puan Mas Halila) couldn't stand it and she had to stop teaching. The class thought not to come to school the next day. We were wondering why the government didn't declare holiday at such an unhealthy weather. What we heard was the government wasn't gonna take any action if the atmosphere pollution doesn't reach 500 degrees. What the hell? By then I think half the people pengsan in hospital arlready loh! And the principal who has the authority to declare holiday, wasn't taking any action as well!

This afternoon I had to go to the dentist's for orthodontic treatment. My sis had to drive my mom and I to the LRT station since the haze was too heavy. Thank goodness the atmosphere was slightly better in Jelatek, so I could walk quite well to the clinic without respiratory problems. Still worrying about whether to go to school tomorrow, I watched the news on TV which staed that there will be a 'cuti ganti' for Thursday and Friday. I didn't know whether to believe it or not coz my dad said it was not for our school. But then, after confirmation from a few friends and the principal (not me who called him), I took the 'happy' news. Of course it wasn't happy, I'd rather study in school than to suffer this haze!

The worst affected area is Pelabuhan Klang with 410 degrees, while our area is reported 189 only. And yet we are suffering like this, then how do the people there survive? My gosh, I feel really suffocated thinking of that!

Ok, just take care of yourselves well everyone!

No comments: