Friday, April 28, 2006

My Future Path

I attended an interview session on 22nd April at Sin Chew office for Sin Chew Scholarship. I waited for more than 2 hours before my turn, because the interview was about half an hour for one person, and finally, my turn! I was interviewed by another person, it went out quite smoothly, though I was the usual nervous lad.

After that, the next few days was to consider whether to take up this course. I applied for Electrical and Electronic Engineering in University College Sedaya International (UCSI). Why consider it even before getting a reply? That's because I have only about 1 day to consider it if I ever get the scholarship. I was to start attending the orientation on 26th April. Besides this, I am waiting for a reply from Matriculation, which I have tried to appeal, and there's also Form 6 as an option.

By luck, I was offered the scholarship! After all the consideration and worries and everything, I decided to accept the offer. Part of the reason is that since I have a chance to do a course I am interested in, it is a good chance for me, whereas if I take up STPM, I may not have a course I desire in local university. ANd in fact, I am so so afraid of STPM, which is more academic and self-study, and the standard is way up higher than that of SPM. As for matriculation, I doubt that I have any chance of getting it, moreover, it is better to do a course in English rather than in Malay.

Though I met with some problems these two days, and I'm quite anxious about my classes which will start next week, I feel that it will turn out okay in some time. One tough thing: I have to face with the reality that a larger percentage of the students are male, and in fact, I may be the only girl in class! Wow! Makes me sweat even thinking of it. No way turning back, I'll have to cope with it, though now I may be very scared, I still don't know the real situation by then. Let's just hope for the best. I still have my best friends back here to support me!

Good luck to myself and also my friends out there!

No comments: