Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sprained my ankle!!!

I really hope this would never happen to me. But it did, today.

I was happily and excitingly playing basketball with my high school friends at High school today, when this unfortunate accident happened.

It wasn't even 1 hour of playing, when once I passed over the ball to a teammate while running.

Suddenly my foot twisted! The immense pain shot up from my foot to my ankle then my whole leg. I couldn't stand it and so had to sit on the floor for a minute. I felt my foot burning like hell! Arghhhh!!!

I managed to get off the court to rest at a bench. did a little massaging to my foot, and found out that it was most painful on the left part. Maybe I had 'pulled' (hopefully not torn) my muscle there.

I thought I would observe for a while to see if I'll be okay in some time. But when I got up and walked for a few steps, the pain came again. In the end, I had to go to the PBSM room for some treatment.

SW helped me to massage my foot (she used to be one from PBSM). I want to thank her a lot, for me. Thanks to her as well as L Eng for giving me a hand (or two). I don't know how I should do without them around..hehe...

I didn't go to seek treatment at "Tie Da" as my dad said it was only muscle sprain, no 'bone-moving' after his checking. He did help me massage with the "Tie da" oil, which was so so painful! when I move around or walk, I have to slant my foot, only using the right part, and still, everything was painful.

I'm quite worried about the next few days. I wonder if I can climb up the 5 flight of stairs at sunday school tomorrow. I can't really skip class on Monday, as my schedule is packed for Mondays. Oh dear, now I realise the huge importance of my foot!I really do hope everything gets well by tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kyflein said...

thanks Kazeendra, for ur concern.
i'm now recovering, still some pain. hopefully i'll be all right in this week.
i'll be so much more careful next time!