Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ist Blood Donation

February 18 2006, Saturday. A memorable day, it's the 1st time I DONATED BLOOD! Wow... I really feel proud of it.
It was done in the National Blood Centre in Jalan Tun Razak in the morning. Was kinda nervous in the beginning. When I saw the "needle" or rather TUBE which was to go into my SKIN, I...didn't pengsan, but it was real scary! But before that I had an injection on my elbow, and when the tube was injected into my skin, I didn't feel anything, only then did I realise it was an anaesthesia. Whew...Sadhu, Sadhu, Sadhu!
Seeing the blood flowing through the tube into the packet, I wonder what I will feel after the session. Will I faint? I was quite anxious as I often had nose bleeding, I was afraid I didn't have enough blood, to donate that is. But thank goodness it turned out okay, I was safe. Sadhu again! Just that I was really sleepy the whole day, maybe the result of the donation!

It feels good to be able to do donation, especially this which can safe other people's life. I'm glad that my packet of blood out there will be able to safe another's life. Though I was afraid in the beginning, I was motivated by my family and other people's action, and I hope to do my part to serve the society. Other than this, I also have a Malaysian Donor's Card, which I will donate my organs which can be used upon... And again, I hope to help as many people as I can.
I feel that this is a good practice, and in Buddhism we practise generosity, I am in the process of cultivating my kamma too. I hope that you who are reading this will also do your part, big or small, as long as it it right.

SADHU, SADHU, SADHU!

No comments: