Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Modem

My modem was struck by lightning on May 25th (if I'm, not wrong). Then, it was one week that we couldn't surf the Net. Thanks to my sis.

It was fortunate that the lightning didn't strike our System Unit, or it would have cost us a lot. Even after 2 strikings! Whew...

The modem could not be repaired. The area for connection line is broken down (though the modem still can be turned on). We got a new, but different model modem, which I believe, is faster.

Thank goodness, now I can surf the Net again! I need it for my studies.

Now my family has learnt a lesson. *When I told them and practised to pull out the plugs during thunderstorms, they don't take a damn.*
Now everytime when there's lightning, they don't watch TV, and even pulled our every plugs for TV and PC. Haha! Now they know.

No comments: