Monday, July 04, 2005

Disgusted!

I was at the garden today, where I was jogging on the track surrounding the playground. When I passed by the playground, I noticed a few boys about 7-8 years old in a circle. From my view, i could see 1 or 2 boys doing some strange actions. To my horror, I saw smoke coming out of a boy's mouth! I couldn't believe it, but the group of boys there were really SMOKING! Well, there were not parents around the area (not their parents of course), I could see that they were doing it secretly, coz I saw them hiding the cigarettes in their clothes.

At such a young age, they are already exposed to this unhealthy habit. What will become of them as they grow older? It is a big chance that they get exposed to even dangerous stuff--like drugs. And who is responsible for this? Their parents? Their elder siblings (who might be smoking)? Or the the person who sold the cigarettes to them? If this continues, our country will someday be 'smoked down'!

No comments: