Sunday, July 10, 2005

omg...I won!

Oh my god... I really can't believe it... I won!!!

That was my first thought when I see the result. I was playing in the Scrabble Competition in catagory C, for Form 5 and 6. This was the final round, and I was against two six-formers (Boon Yung was in, but he didn't come). Wow...they were very competitive, that's why I was feeling so tensed that I didn't really talk.

We played until the very end, where all the tiles are picked. The final rounds were really 'sweaty', coz the remaining tiles were those with higher marks--more difficult letters.

To say the truth, I nearly lost the game, as it was a close call. My total score was only a 5-marks different from the runner-up. and if I didn't finish using my tiles, I wouldn't have gotten the extra 12 marks from my opponents. Most important, Both my opponent (Hong Wuh) and I spotted the same place to place ONE tile. His chance of score for that was higher(21 marks), but he wanted to leave the chance to the end. however, I took my step first, getting only 3 marks for that.That was the last tile, and I wasn't even sure if that word exists. if it doesn't, I lose. But it does! HAHA!!! and so the game ended.

I wasn't confident at all when the score was being counted. The opponents were really 'geng', with one or both scoring two words of 20+ marks. But it turned out that I had the highest score. that was really what I felt, I couldn't believe it. Gosh how happy I was! And how 'mad' Hong Wuh was! He kept bragging how he could have won. Poor him...so sorry to him, but I took my step, I had to do my best.

I'm so happy that I've won. I want to thank my mom, my dad, for letting me have the chance to learn more english, thanks to my friends for their support, and I want to thank bla bla bla......
I really want to thank ELS for holding the competition before I graduate (so that I can participate :+)5s1 for letting me have the chance to represent the class in the competition. Hehe... 5s1 has a name again!
JIA YOU 5S1!!!

No comments: