Monday, May 29, 2006

A lesson

I was met with a BIG problem last two weeks. On May 25th. (maybe)

Our modem was struck by lightning! It was fortunate that it didn't strike our System Unit, that would have costed us a lot!

My sister was using the Computer when the incident occurred. I was lucky to get back home right before the thunderstorm started. I found my sis using the PC, but too bad, I didn't realise that the PC should not be used during thunderstorms. Well, If it were me, I would have closed the PC right away.

But she didn't. And even after the first thunder struck and our electric power was cut off, she kept the PC open. ANd goodness, a second one struck and cut off our power again. After that, my elder sis made her turn the PC off. But it was too late.

When I wanted to get online that night, the connection wasn't right. A few days later, after my dad sent it for repair, the problem was found out that the area for connection line was down.

Last Friday, we got a new modem. A different model. Somehow, the fixing task 'automatically' fell on me. Anyway, I thought it was fun...haha. But having some trouble, I finally got everything done at night.

Weeeee! Can surf the Net again!

No comments: