Monday, May 29, 2006

Obstacles

Few weeks ago, I was very excited about it.

Last 2 weeks, I was equally excited, but worry came.

And last week, I wasn't excited anymore. I was very down.

I had been waiting for that very day. The day I can go on stage to receive my prize from the school. The day I can see my friends again. The day I can see my teachers again.

However, very unfortunately, the day clashes with a test at U. I thought I would just skip class that day, if not for the test. I couldn't choose between the two, go for the ceremony, or the test. When I finally decided to give up attending the ceremony, I felt a sense of relief, but at the same time, very sad and disappointment.

Who should I blame? The lecturer, for 'misunderstanding' me, or the school, for delaying the ceremony (to Teachers' Day)? Haiz... I guess I can't blame anyone, It's something which we have to go through in life, we have to make many choices. The choice is up to myself. I can't have a cake and eat it.

Well, now that it's over, I don't feel so sad anymore. Still a bit of regret, but I let it go. Attachment only causes suffering. Hopefully I will meet my friends this week (as they are having holidays now). Hope to have a good time then!

No comments: