Saturday, May 31, 2008

"Thanks to.."

Should have left a goodbye post before flying off to Sabah last Sunday. And returning home finding people spamming the chatbox wasn't quite right... (wow, only if it really were Rynn over here~)



Went for class yesterday, and the FAQ is "How was the camp?" And yea, I gave the same answer dozens of times, "It was fun!" =) Well, sorry if it I gave the feeling that I should have not been there [for one thing, I never will regret not going for it], but I had an assignment to submit within 19 hours after touch down of the flight. If I had the time, I will certainly talk about the every bits of the time there =D



I'd say, the camp was one of the best happenings in my life. In hopes that, it will be a twist in life. It isn't miraculous that I can live without mp3 for the few days (since I had it for 21 days in Taiwan), but to actually enjoy it... It's fun to experience a different culture for once in a lifetime. And somehow, for a somewhat photoholic like me, it wasn't too bad to not bring the camera... because of that, I actually have a lot more time and concentration on the surroundings andthe atmosphere.

What made this possible for me, I have a thousand thanks to my university for the sponsorship. For the first times... first outdoor camp, first time to Sabah (and East Malaysia), first time exposre to such a different world. Thanks to my parents.. for approving my wild decision to skip the cousin's wedding and fly off with a bunch of strangers. Thanks to the 'bunch of strangers' who have become the greatest group of friends ever. Thanks to the group Delta for the effort in the assignments. Thanks to them as well for the laughter that got us crazy... Thanks to the facilitators for the effort. Whole lots of thanks to The Star for putting this altogether.

And finally, thanks to Mary-Ruth for putting up with my lame 'speech' and 'jokes'... =D

Pics coming up, hopefully... after my tests and assignments.

2 comments:

Mary-Ruth said...

Hey you, I suppose you could buy a teeny weeny bit from a hard ware shop? If you bring your own glass bottle or something (go green! lol) the owner might be sympathetic and pour you some :p

oh, and you're so welcome. it was fun. haha thanks for putting up with me too... 2 hours in the early morning looking for the SUNBEAR to appear, eh? haha.

Kyflein said...

alright, that means it is like i go begging for it?? wahaha~
I thought of that too, but i guess in a place called Kl you cant really find a shop that will do that.

the subear was kinda disappointment. but damn... i miss the time sitting on the board just staring out to the jungle. it was nice.

i still wana see sunbears and crocodiles. :D