Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hello Kitty!

Recently, since at least 2 weeks ago, a brown cat had been climbing in and out of our house balcony. The first guess is, of course, the cat having a family there. And indeed, I found 3 grey kittens while doing house chores one afternoon.

I just wonder how a pregnant cat would find such a place so high up to keep her babies. It is indeed a good place, as we seldom open our balcony, and there are so unused goods there which provide shelter for the little kittens.

The mother cat, that is the brown cat, is quite fierce, as it snarled at me when I opened the balcony door. She immediately shooed her kittens into the shelter after seeing me. Not wanting to cause any trouble (I was afraid that it would rush into the bedroom--my parents room), I closed the door quickly.

Actually I liked to see little kittens around my housing area, except that they would shit anywhere, I like to see them running around and playing. A few years ago there were 3 or 4 kittens which were different in colour, one of them was white, looked so cute. Sometimes they played in our garden, which was really funny. It was fun having some 'life' there.

I like feeding animals, especially young ones, but I am afraid they will start sticking to me and following me around. I have not much to spare for them, and if once they stick to me, I would be feeling very bad without anything for them, and of course, getting scolded. So, maybe it's better that they don't appear in front of my eyes, I would feel sorry for them.

No comments: