Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The Day of Judgement!

March 13, 2006.
The Day of Judgement.
The Day of Reunion as well.

It was the day I have been very anxious about. It's when my life iwas going to change forever. A week back, we were confirmed that we were to get our SPM results the very day. And I strated getting very down the few days before that. I was really very nervous and afraid to face the day. Didn't know what to expect. Didn't dare to hope.

The morning of the day, I spilled my drink. The night before, I got some cuts on my finger and leg. I thought, oh my god, what does this mean? Is it because of something going to happen? oh god...

I arrived in school at around 10.25am, finding some people had taken their results. I was really scared even to look at my teacher and friends. Worse off, I found my friend Wei had a B on her result slip. Her grades were higher than me in class, and now... what should I expect? I still didn't dare to sit on that 'special' chair yet. I kept on waiting for my friend Eng and get the result together. As I gradually getting ready to face the truth, I heard my teacher Cik Azma talking to Choon Lin, and I thought I overheard my name. WHAT?? What about me? Then I heard "...best student..." ??? Was blur, was scared. Now I got more anxious.

Finally, around 11am, my dear Lee Eng arrived. I got my result first. Had to sign on some papers (certificates), while Cik Azma looked at my result. Heart beating so fast! SHe said, "BM, Sejarah, BC..." I forgot what she said in the end, as I quickly peeped over to see my result. OH MY GOODNESS! I got all A's!!! SOOOOO HAPPY! AND RELIEVED! though it wasn't all A1s, I guess I'm quite satisfied with this, since I had been so afraid that a "round-headed fugure" will be present (B). *"A" is sharp-headed*

While Lee Eng sat down to get her slip, I couldn't wait to send a message to my dad. I guess he has been waiting (unless he was too busy to bother about it) for my news. A few minutes later, he called to congratulate me. LAter, my mom, my sisters and even my youngest aunty, and a cousin called me. Thank you all. So did my classmates, and even some other friends from other class. Thank you guys.

After that, I went to yam char with Ley. Lee Eng was to join us at first, but her dad had to pick her up earlier coz he was busy. So the two of us went to Kang Cheng Teahouse for lunch. Beleive me, the teahouse was packed! So we had to wait at the TV corner. It seemed funny, just the two of us, but then, Ley was cute and funny, so I was quite 'entertained' by her! Haha! Both of us ordered a 'Baked Portuguese Chicken Rice', which tasted quite good, not spicy (Ley didn't like spicy food). Halfway through eating, we were joined by a group of 4 boys from our class. Somehow, they had more plans, and just came over after hanging out at the Cybercafe. We joined their table later, and left soon. Called it a day.

Back home, I was of course happier than when I left the same morning. Cheers.

No comments: