Monday, September 11, 2006

Touched by two Angels

September 10, 2006. Such a marvelous day.

Winning a contest on MyFM, YZ and I attended a Fans Gathering with Jin Sha and Yee Chung! It was held in GasOnline Cafe, Sg Wang at 8pm. Believe me, my first time a Sg Wang!

We managed to catch last part of the MyFM concert which was held at Sg Wang entrance, at which Yee Chung was the last performing artist. He sang the songs [Bu Da Yang De Dian], [Shi Lian Xue] and [Zai Jian], and he dedicated the latter song to his PA, who would be leaving the company soon. Such a touching moment...

Fans' Gathering session
At the gathering venue, I was quite surprised by the huge number of people present. Found out that there were 6 units of winners who were invited. Around 30-40 people.

Before the arrival of the VIPs, the MC, Jason (MyFM DJ) chose team members for Yee Chung and Jin Sha to play a game. Within minutes, we got to see the prince and the princess! They looked as good as usual. Chatted with Jason for a while, about their future plans, blablabla...

Q&A session
Next came the Q&A session. I managed to ask them a question, regarding whether they would switch back to their 'career'(say microbiologist?) from their 'interest' (music). YC replied that it would be tough, because microbiology is like a computer, required upgrading and updating, and since he has been away from the industry for a long time, it would be hard to switch back. But he doesn't rule out the possibility. Whereas, Jin Sha mentioned that music has been her interest since young, she loved to sing and create (or change) the lyrics of the songs she sing. she was previously a reporter. YC acknowledge her for achieving her dreams.

Besides, YC said that his next album might include songs which are more rhythmic, but he will most probably not dance (sad...), as he name himself as "lao gu tou' (old bones)! JS expressed that she'd like to take part in another drama. She even had in mind a drama where YC will act as a killer/murderer, Ah Do as the Head of a 'black society', whereas JJ can become her brother. how interesting!

JS felt that the guys in Malaysia are very 'MAN'. Her type of guys can be like that of a movie, [Summer More More Tea], where the guys play guitar and sing along at the beach. Ooh, that's beautiful! YC teased her instead, asking whether she liked Ah Niu, or Michael wong, who were actors in the movie.

The Game
the game came next, where one team member would sing a song and the opponent continue it. I was chosen for the game (earlier, well...as the crazy person I am, I try to get every chance to be near YC...hehe). It was fun to see YC and JS upclose, in a relaxed mood. The way they played 'paper, scissors, stone' was even a wonder...haha! **

Though YC got the priority in the beginning, our team lost in the end. Somehow we just ain't so familiar with JS's songs. Paiseh. but we got consolation prizes and group photo too! Yey! and JS was so nice, she let me stand beside YC! but there was this little voodoo doll hanging from the ceiling blocking me...sweat...there goes my only photo with Yee Chung and Jin Sha...

After this was the group photo session, where the 6 groups of winners shoot with YC and JS. Aha1 The cheeky me quickly chose a strategic place...where else but beside YC??! Haha... even YC turned around and said,"hey, you shi ni!" (You again!) (Maybe he was getting fed up of seeing me again...hah!) But later, I gave my precious place to YZ, coz she hasn't gotten to stand beside him yet. Imagine the smile on her face! **

In the end, Jason chatted with them again, and bid farewell to them (JS is leaving for China while YC will be heading to taiwan to prepare his next album). Oh, so no autograph session. kinda disappointed. I stood by the aisle, ready to bid them last goodbye. Many fans started raining down gifts for them, many of them are stuffed dolls (how lucky of JS!), and some fans handed out albums for her to sign on.

OMG! Autographs?!! Yikes! I quickly rushed back to my seat and got my guitar! But by the time I reach back the aisle, YC has already passed. But I didn't care, I started calling out to him (you can also call that 'shout'). After 2-3 times calling him, he turned around, and I requested for him to sign on my guitar.

And he said YES!! He walked back here. He signed so nicely, the way he always do for each of his albums. And now, haha... this has become a real stimulator for me to work hard in guitar learning! As I have said, Yee Chung has inspired me a lot!!

They left shortly, while we the fans stayed back for some refreshment. Met the Fan Club members, one of whom YC himself recognised. How lucky! Now I wonder whether he will remember the crazy me, maybe my shiny braces look significant enough! Haha!


**My Marvelous Experience!!**
I was the last of 3 to play. Before that, YC told me, "jin li jiu hao." (Just try your best.) But nevertheless, I didn't know the song my opponent sang, so I lost. YC said, "mei guan xi, mei guan xi." I kinda apologise to him, and he replied,"mei guan xi," then he whispered to me,"wo ye bu hui!" (I dunno also!) Hahaha... so cute, so nice of him. I knew he was just trying to console us, though I guess he really didn't know the song! Hehe...

After the group photo for MyFM winners, YZ tried talking to YC... about an event at UKM. But somehow, YC was not sure, "you an pai ma?" (is there arrangement for this?) Then, we had to leave, wonder what they said in the end.

When signing my beloved guitar, finding that I didn't have a pen (how careless of me), his PA handed out a marker pen to him (thanks a lot to his PA!). i struggled a bit while taking out the guitar from the case, so he kindly said, "man man lai, man man lai." (slowly..no rush) *Meltz~!* Putting the guitar down on the floor...

YC: "yao qian na li?" (where to sign?)
me: "em..." (no idea...as you like?)

He signed on the top front. Though the autograph seemed kinda weird or rather upside-down for some people (because of his position), it doesn't matter to me, I love it anyway! It was a rush of time, yet YC was willing to take some time to sign...I'm so touched!!! He even spoke to me!

YC: "ni you tan ji ta ma?" (do you play guitar?)
me: "hai zai xue xi..." (still learning.)

I was too excited, I guess I even forgot to see him out. I forgot if I thanked him, but deep down inside, I feel so thankful, and so touched. Thanks a lot, Yee Chung kor kor, you are so nice!

All the way, YC and JS had been giving their best. There must be times when they are very tired, but they will still have smiles on their faces. They treat their fans and staff nicely, and would speak and act in a humble way. Such are the qualities of artists which are rarely found in the entertainment circle. Really, I was so truly happy when Yee Chung agreed to sign on my guitar, and even asked me not to rush, when otherwise he could be heading for bed a few minutes earlier!

Gotta thank MyFM for giving his chance, thank my dad for sending us there, and Yc's PA for the marker pen! Most of all, thank you to Jin Sha and Yee Chung for spending time with us, being patient with us and treating us so well! I have never met any artist so humble and friendly.

All the Best to Yee Chung and Jin Sha! We will miss you guys so much! Really hope to see you in Malaysia again. can't wait for Yee Chung's drama [The Beginning] and his upcoming album!!

No comments: