Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Different Excitement!

Ended my CNY with much excitement.

On the Chap Goh Meh eve, we had a house-warming cum open-house session at our new home. Wasn't really us youngters' party, as 90% of the guests were my parents'. Anyway, Though I had as little as 3 guests, I seem more busy than my sisters! YZ was busy chatting with her friend (yes, and only that), JY was somewhere... I dunno. Then, I kept running in and out taking the stuff into the house. No big deal. But it seems an achievement to me, haha... for a person who is so timid and cowardly (oops...) at meeting people, this was the day I smiled the most! (okay, for this few months...) Looks like I really need a special push to get up and greet the guests automatically! Geesh...

So busy, yet kinda fun. Though I don't know or recognise a lot of the uncles and aunties, it's still nice to be able to meet some old (parents') friends again, like the uncles we knew in Beijing. And my house was never so presentable...haha! It's a pity my so-called friends "couldn't" (or they just don't bother to) make it.

Really thankful to Hui Ping who joined in the party, unfortunately I couldn't entertain her much. And the friends from guitar class too, "Thanks for coming!" It seemed the tables weren't enough! And ooh, Kathleen! So disappointed that you did not come, and which was very unfortunate as you missed out the handsome guy!!! ;P

My relatives were here, almost all crowding in the living room. They came from Kedah, Johor, and even Singapore!! Earlier the day, the scene was similar to the CNY 3rd day, when mom's family gather at uncle's house in Kedah. My grandma only came last minute, however, much appreciated.

And the food! What a huge variety! Too bad I only ate at around 10pm, much of the food were already in others' stomachs! The cendol was superb, direct from Klang! The popiah was a special delicacy! Yummy yummy!!

After all that, it was time to settle down. No one really knows that I had two papers to sit on Monday! Thank goodness there was a relative's maid to help out with the chores. So I get to take leave the next day! Hehe...

The Concert!
A long-waited concert! Um... for the Leehom fans. Finally, we got the tickets, quite far above the stage, but good enough.

Anyway, on the highest level of Bukit Jalil stadium, just imagine how small Leehom was. His performance was fine, but didn't seem as 'high' as that of Taiwan's or Hong Kong's (or maybe I'm wrong).

As usual, I screamed like an idiot! Kathleen must have been so surprised! Haha... (It's fun to scream, you know...) Lee Hom liked to 'play play' with the audience, kept bringing the fans to the highest with his phrases and songs and talents. And, the band palying behind him, was actually led by Kheng Long, the ever talented and wonderful Malaysian musician who was also the music director of David Tao's concert! There was Mat Nor, Jamie Wilson and David Tan as well! (Kinda miss DT's concert then...)

First time spending Chap Goh Meh or 元宵节 this way! Never really clerbated it or went throwing mandarin oranges into a Titiwangsa lake. I wonder if we can ride in the Eye of Malaysia and throw the oranges from up there! ;P That will be fun!
Anyway, it's different this year, I spent the night with (my sisters and) Kathleen! Muahahaha...

Ah.. I miss CNY now...

No comments: