Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Terrified

A terrifying evening indeed.

As I wasn't able to cross the road quickly today, because of the cars that kept coming, little did I know that 10 minutes later I would be so thankful for not doing that fast.

For a while later, I heard a huge scream and saw a malay guy snatching a malay woman's belonging!! It was just on the pavement that pedestrians often use. Th woman obviously had no intention of giving up and kept struggling with the thief even until they reached the Waja waiting for them up the road! In the end, however, I guess the thief had their way.

I as a pedestrian, wasn't able to help out anything. Now I experience how helpless women are when it comes to this. The theives must have targeted the lady when they drove down the road. Recalling, I remember seeing a Waja dropping off someone at the sidewalk. After crossing the road, I recall the snatch thief walking in front very weirdly. The thieves in the car must have targeted the lady as they came down the road. And the car passed by me... I was so close to being a victim! So thankful that I am here, safe and sound. Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu.

Though not the victim, I gradually get frightened of the incident. Today onwards, I will be so much nervous whenever I walk back home. And probably my ctions were right. People out there! Especially the TARC or UTAR students, better not to walk on the pavement; or if you need to, watch out for cars and motorbikes!! And, don't use or hold your handphone or purse while walking!

Hope the lady is okay now. Take care guys... be aware!!

No comments: