Monday, April 02, 2007

Cheng Beng

Apparently, cheng beng this year was much celebrated.

Proofed by the traffic jam on North-South HigHway in the wee hours of 2 AM!!

Right, and I reached home only at 3.40 AM!! It was already jammed some distance after the Ipoh toll. Dad had to exit the highway and chose the trunk roads, or we would still be stuck there and only reach by 5 or 6 am!
And, I was in U by 7.10am! Coz my dad had to send YZ to UKM. At least I did not need to take the LRT...

This cheng beng was quite a different one. Firstly, my cousin was hospitalised for bladder infection. (Wasn't necessary to be in private hospital, which really eats the patient's pocket!) And so, her parents (one of whom I've 'mentioned' earlier) weren't around. doesn't matter though ;p

On mom's side, grandpa and grandma's cheng beng was on Sunday. different from previous years, this time the sunshine wasn't too hot. No need of playing hide and seek with the sun! Ahaha!

Got to spend the afternoon at Star Parade since we were only leaving at night. We had LAKSA!!! Hmm... superb! Such a heaven for delicacies! Oh too bad, we won't be returning til end of the year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow... your cheng beng day is also on sunday. Mine too. But, when i was about to leave the grave, it started to rain >< lucky...

Jens

Kyflein said...

Our Cheng Beng is for two days, Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday is for my dad's side, Sunday for my mom's.
Arranged such a way so that it be more convenient for us returning to Kedah.

:)