Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Penang tour [Ke Lok Si, Golden Sand, Ipoh]

Day 3 (Dec 10)
Woke up at around 8-9am, and chatted in bed. Heard that the boys came back at 4 or 5am, so they must be sleeping. We decided to visit Ke Lok Si although the boys might not be interested. Finally we got to eat at around 12.30pm, it was lunch time. Had the Asam Laksa which seemed to be famous in Penang. Satisfaction, yummy. Luckily the whole group of us went to Ke Lok Si, and Hell'O the boys bought a lot of stuff! We even met 5S2 students there. Later, the driver took us to a shop where there were a lot of local goodies sold. Half the class bought the Tambun cookies and many other mouth-watering food. Guess that the driver definitely get a good comission for that. After that it was Golden Sand or Batu Ferringhi time. It wasa a wait again, as the 'organisers' were talking to the manager or staff about the price. Finally we got RM11 for Banana Boat and RM50 for the jetski. I took both rides, with the Banana Boat going first. It wasn't a 'success', since only 3 of 7 of us fell into the water, our pakat wasn't right. Haha. Then I took the jetski ride with Chooi Mun, where I was the driver. 1st time there, but I found SPEEDING really fun! HAHAHA! YAHOO! Though sometimes I was sort of scared and panick a little when we bounced high, I really did enjoy the excitement. I'm really sorry for C Mun who didn't have her turn to be the driver, coz we planned to take the driver seat half to half during the 20-minute period. She didn't mind though, and let me drive when I asked her whether to return to the shore to change driver. Thanks a lot to her for the chance.
After that, we had dinner at a food court nearby. We finally got to eat Fried Oyster, and it was really expensive (it was a tourist area). I had 'tie ban mian' which was quite tasty. We reached the hotel at 10 something, took our baths and sat down. Though our eyes were closing, we wanted to stay up till late coz it was our last night together. We ended up chatting in the small room again, with some of us half-sleeping. Even Jane Ley who went to bed got up just to join in our talk. We heard laughter from outside, so we also laughed out loud. This brought those people out there to stick in their heads to ask whether we heard some noise. Haha! It became a funny trick so we played it again. This kept us awake. Heehee... Finally at 3am we decided to 'hui zhou gong'. Kazeendra wanted to play the 'mummy and children' game, so we cooperated with her saying "Good Night" together and Pui Yeng as the mother said "Good Night, Children". Her her, funny game. We slept well till the next morning though I felt hot at one time.


Day 4 (Dec 11)
We checked out at around 9am, the boys as usual a little later. The driver dropped us near Komtar for the famous Cendol and Asam Laksa nearby. Didn't take any of that, instead we went into the market there and found a cheap yet tasty breakfast. The Ghee Hiang shop selling cookies was no where to be seen, so we hung around in Prangin Mall instead. I had a mission to search for Molecule Hair Saloon, it was where Victor used to work. Yes, I was crazy, like my friends said of me, but they went with me anyway. Reaching the bottom floor of the mall, I gave up searching, and went for an ice-cream in McD. Later when we went to the toilet, Jane went loitering nearby and wow, she found it! The 4 of us went to see it, but ooh, there was only one customer there. There was a man with curly long hair standing outside the saloon, I guessed he was the manager. Wei, as she said, took photos of the saloon, there was a flash and we quickly ran away! As if we were paparazzi! Haha! I didn't know she would really do that. It was almost time to gather and we proceeded to the outside of the mall.
The bus took off at around 1pm. I read the paper a bit before having a nap, but by that time Wei and the others were awaken and they disturbed Jane and I. Naughty people. We stopped at Ipoh nad guess what, the driver brought us to a shop to buy stuff again. He really wanted to make money lar. I secretly bought a packet of "sha qi ma". I even SMSed my cousin who was staying in Ipoh, and later got a call from him. *My sis said it sounds really funny that I would contact him.* The rest of the journey, we watched Chiken Little, it was so cute and funny that I couldn't help laughing from time to time.
We arrived back at Shell station shortly before 8pm, and took a farewell photo. And damn it, I left behind my sleeping bag there, Thank goodness Boon Yung saw it and brought it back home. Can't imagine how my mom would react if I really lost it.



That's our trip to Penang. It was such a great time, despite the obstacles that we met. I'm missing my friends including those who didn't join the trip, already. All the best, guys!
May you all be well and happy... Sadhu Sadhu Sadhu!



Dec 13 2005 Tuesday 1.37am

No comments: