Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Happiest Christmas!!!

I have never really celebrated Christmas, but spending it with my idol is the best! Thanks to my sis Jin, I got the chance to dine with Daniel during Christmas. The dinner was at myKTV in Mid Valley from 7pm to 8.30pm.

My sis and I were quite late when we arrived there, after buying some batteries for the camera (which we borrowed from our friend). While waiting for an 8TV staff to bring us in, Suddenly Daniel arrived and walked pass us. I called out his name, but he didn’t react, I guess he didn’t notice us. We were brought to a Karaoke room, quite big in size, with 2 levels and 2 section on each level. The was a huge OHP screen screen in front showing Daniel’s MV . I didn’t really finish watching it though, regret a bit.

Before Daniel came into the room, Auntie Paris introduce herself. It went on with the other fans. When Daniel came in, Everyone had their cameras ready and there were so many flashes. Daniel looked a bit blur in the beginning and seemed to not know where to stand, haha! He was ..cute of course, and his dressing was funky. It was so great just looking at him..hehee..

Daniel greeted us with his melt-you smiles and sweet voice! Then the questions and answers session began. Ssuet started the session by asking Daniel whether he was scared by the fans¡¯ reactions; grabbing his shirt, hands etc. Daniel admitted he was frightened. He hoped that fans would think of their own and his safety.

Then, it was Auntie Paris’ turn. She asked him whether he was scared to see her; the aunty who asked him whether he remembered her or not whenever she saw him. Daniel said that she was not the only one who did that! And he asked me whether she was one of the winners. She told him that in fact she had to thank Gymnast, because she pm her and asked her how to take part in this contest. Before she could help her, she tried to send in an entry and that’s how she won it! Then she congratulated him on the sales of his debut album hitting 15,000 copies and winning the Golden Disc Award. He was very happy!

Next, Jin asked Daniel about his trip to Taiwan and where he visited there. He replied ‘Tai Zhong’ and ‘Taipei’ and something else, I forgot. It was an experience that Daniel did not like to disclose much. Then I went on to question him about his friendship with Victor. He replied that he had known Victor through some competitions and had sometimes worked with him, like Victor singing and him playing the guitar. I sort of lost my mind and panicked when I asked the questions (coz I haven’t prepared for it) until the PA complained that questions should be asked about Daniel and not some one else! I also asked him about why he must oblige by the company’s directives. Daniel explained that the company is more experience in handling fans and other aspects. But sometimes he did try to lodge appeals! He emphasized that there is a mutual understanding between him and his record company. One thing that he told us was he didn’t really have the heart to release the song but since the company said that the song would make him popular, he agreed. I asked him what his favourite songs were, he replied the 1st as and 2nd fave is (2nd Childhood).

Another non-pinky asked the PA how she thought of Daniel. She replied that Daniel was very ‘gan cham’ because he was a perfectionist. Daniel admitted it. She said that Daniel would ask a lot of questions before finally agreeing to do something!


Jennifer then asked him about how he became the special guest in Jay’s concert. Daniel explained that just like us; he entered a competition & won the chance to meet Jay. During the meet, the participants were given the chance to show what they would show to their idol. He was brave enough to grab the chance and ended as Jay’s special guest.

“During the q-&-a session, I noticed tt Daniel tried very hard to put across the message that he had certain sets of rules to abide by and he sincerely hoped that fans would not misunderstand him. He is still the same old Daniel, the HUMBLE and GRATEFUL Daniel! Therefore, please try to understand that he is neither ‘action’ nor snobbish. We love him, we must TRUST him!” ~Auntie Paris.

Next come the Karaoke time. Daniel started off with , and when he started singing, almost everyone went to the front to take photos of him. Jin even took some videos. It was like the performance he often gave on stage, the difference is that we were close to him. Hah! After that, he sat down again, and answered some questions again. Then, played on the screen, he started singing while sitting (in front of the screen) and later stood up. And a non-pinkie Michelle asked him whether our camera flashes disturbs his performance. He said yes, and went on to elaborate, but at that time I took another photo of him (since he was close and was looking this way), which of course, gave him a surprise. It was naughty of me to play this joke…hope he didn’t mind.

Suddenly played on the screen but he said he didn’t really know how to sing. Somehow, he was standing nearby at that time and looking around, I asked him if he knows . He knew that I was asking him, but he didn’t catch my words. *Anyway, this is enough to flatter me! Haha!* Vivy, Winnie and ~Priscilla~ then sang <> with him. Next, <> !Though many joined in the singing, including me, it was really a different kind of experience to hear Daniel singing right in front! And guess what, though he was standing in the middle alley (with steps) in the beginning while singing, he gradually moved to the side… to MY side! Hahaha! I was rejoicing in my heart! He was actually so close to me that I could reach him just reaching out my hand! Hehe… A while later was played, Daniel wasn’t too familiar with the verse, but I managed to sing the 1st chorus with him, though, I was bad, I passed away the mic later.

Lastly, a duet between Daniel & Tong Tong (a non-Pinky) in the song ,<< Wu Ding>> , they were joined by ~Priscilla~ later. I wanted to join in, but I didn’t really know how to sing the front verse of the song, so I didn’t.

Next came the autograph session. Jin and I went to the 2nd level for that. Our album and single were signed already, so Daniel wrote our names on the booklets instead. We nearly forgot the present we had prepared for him (a neck tie). I took a photo with him first, then Jin took one with him, holding the present. Hmm.. now I know his height compared to mine…haha! For the rest of the time, we sat in our seats, talking or looking at Daniel who were behind and higher than us. I noticed his glass of watermelon juice (his fave) which wasn’t finished by half yet. (Jin wanted to take a photo of it, but the waiter took it away before she could do that. Hehe..)

Daniel left us, without eating, about 3 minutes before 8.30pm. He was to go to the next room for an interview with 8TV. Only then did we have our dinner which was served since the whole session started. Of course, it was cold. After taking some food, we talked a while with Auntie Paris and her daughter Yin, had her autograph, then took a photo with the Superstar guy Wei Jun and had his autograph. I was the last to leave. We went out of myKTV and took a photo with Auntie Paris and Yin.

Well, the whole session was an extraordinary experience. I enjoyed myself all the way, I tried to have my chance of speaking to Daniel. Though, now I regretted for asking him some unsuitable, sensitive and maybe “rude” questions, I really hope that he won’t keep in his heart. After all, I hope to leave a good impression in him and hopes that he would remember me, though I guess I may not be able to attend any of his gigs anymore. From this “dinner”, I gained a lot, besides meeting and chatting with Daniel (that’s the most important thing), I met some really nice people from Daniel Fans Club – Auntie Paris, Yin, Vivian… And got to meet Wei Jun too, hehe…

Anyway, I still hope that I have the chance to meet Daniel again. I will support him, as long as he supports his fans.


Thanks to Auntie Paris in DFC.

Wednesday Dec 28 2005 (1.30pm)

No comments: