Friday, October 21, 2005

The Goodbyes...

It was full of laughter and tears today, but overall it was a sad day. The special day was our Graduation Day, our ‘supposedly’ last day in school, except for the SPM days.

A lot happened, with the day starting with almost everyone cheerful. We took some photos (too bad I didn’t have a camera). We were then seated in the activity centre where the ‘celebration’ would be taking place. Such a long wait. The ceremony started, with the national song and school, then the ‘boring’ speeches. Then it was the prize giving time for the best subjects students. And HELL we cheered so loudly for our class students! Even the other classes started to cheat (duhh??). I guess this was the craziest ceremony the PIBGs and principal has ever seen in school. The situation got so high when it was prize giving for the co-curriculum students. We cheered, we shouted, we screamed, and some of the boys even stood up on their chairs! That was especially for our favourite Class Monitor! Then, Kassendra even cheered for KS’s sisters and my sister in Form 6! She was so crazy and high!

There was the band performance, then the singing time. Graduation song, which we had been ‘trained’ for a few days. Not much emotions yet, until the time when we were to leave the place (the school actually). The music started to wet my eyes. I got even more emotional when I saw Kassendra cry, like many others, start crying. Couldn’t hold back the tears, really. Even Pn Zurina was in tears when she bid us goodbye. The girls hugged her. I saw that the Pn Chin was also very dull, sad. Pn Ng, didn’t cry. Not thst I saw. Despite the flying tears, we took photos anyway, who cares. I became okay gradually. Kassendra was still sobbing. More photos. And more. We were deaf to the PK’s order to leave the school immediately.

I hugged my girl friends, all of them. It feels good to hug, though it was a goodbye hug. It seemed a promise to stay in touch. A promise of friendship. Suddenly, I got into tears again when I was bidding goodbye to a friend. This time I was really sobbing. Only the girls cried, so funny. Jane who was not crying in the beginning, only started to feel sour in the end, funny girl.

The class was to go to McDonald’s in Jalan Pahang for a gathering. I couldn’t join them, as my mom doesn’t allow. I can only hope to be present at a gathering after exam, if there’s ever one. I called someone there just now, seemed like they are having a good time. Felix’s voice could be heard, haha!

May our classmates’ friendship last as long as it may. All the best to all of them!


Friday Oct 21 2005 (3.43pm)

No comments: