Sunday, August 27, 2006

Dhamma Quiz BISDS 2006

I took part in a Dhamma Quiz today. My class was to be in Group C, and the competition was between school 1 and School 2.

It was such a 'fearful' moment when 3 participants (out of 4) couldn't turn up. The remaining one was... me of course. Thank goodness one of the finally made it, and we asked permission for one of the committee who was from the same class to join our team.

I was very anxious about the questions to be asked, as I had earlier watched the group A & B competitions. I expect them to be tougher, and I was right. Luckily for some of the questions (especially dealing with Dhamma) I GUESSED them right, which was a relief.

I didn't expect to win the quiz, as I had not done enough preparation (that means STUDY) for it. BUT I WON!!! The score of both teams were very close, maybe by 2 marks difference.

It was unbelieveable for us, as it was for the opponent team, as I think they expect to win. Well I recognise one of their participants who often take the Buddhism exams. In the end, they wanted to throw us the microphone stand, obviously they weren't pleasant (who would, if they were to lose). Not sporting enough, sigh...

As a prize, I was given a TILE. Haha... it's painted with beautiful gorgeous colors, which acts as a trophy. Our certificates are to come soon...

Thanks so much for the committee member (sorry don't really know her) for helping me and the team.

CHEERS GUYS!

No comments: