Monday, August 28, 2006

Not Just a bit of SHOCK!!

It was such a horrified day, 28/8/2006. Starting from 2.00am.

Yes, 2am. Was kinda regretting when I went online till so late. That's after I opened eAdvantage to check my exam result.

Never expected this. I STARED at the monitor screen.

"OH MY GOD!"

I couldn't help but exclaimed. I couldn't believe my eyes. I was TOTALLY SHOCKED!!!

On the result slip, I saw a "D"!! Scanning the row, it is for GENERAL PHYSICS!!! WHAT??!! What'e H*** is this?? 40 marks?!

"How can it be? It can't be...it can't be..."

Images of the paper ran through my mind. I remember I could do at least half the paper. So how come I would fail?

Then I recalled something. during the end of the exam, the staff-on0duty forgot to collect the papers in my row, so we had to pass up by ourselves. What if they misplaced it? Our had they penalised us??

I started to panick. The instant of my mind told me to email the lecturer. I explained my situation and the incident which happened, which may have been brought the effects of getting this poor unbelieveable result.

I tried to calm myself down, and plan my next steps. I couldn't help from thinking about the consequences...re-check the paper? Sitting for Supplementary paper? Scholarship terminated??!

My mind was getting wild, getting crazy. I could only think of negative stuff. Finally, under so much pressure, I broke into tears. Yes, like a child, weeping away when something is not right. I couldn't help it... I was and I am still very exhausted from the pressure of studies, family, money and scholarship.

Actually, for many other students, this might be just an "Oh damn it, gotta take supp paper" thingy. But for me, it's a HUGE thing coz... I cannot fail in any paper! Failing would bring a great impact and big effect to my study carrier here.

Next morning (this morning, that is), I went to the University just for the purpose of seeing the lecturer. 3 hours transport time, 2 hours waiting, just for 10 minutes of seeing Mr Moey.

when Mr Moey saw my name, he was quite surprised. Just then, I saw a bright side of the incident. He checked his records, and told me that I didn't fail. I got an "A" instead! Wow... it was such a relief1 He informed the person-in-charge, and assured me of them fixing the problem.

Oh well, thank goodness! Now I know at least my hard work paid off. Though my worries and tears were wasted. Can't believe that this would happen to me in my very first semester at UCSI. I hope it won't happen again. It really does bring unnecessary mental pressure to me.

Hope I will do well in this sem. Very anxious about General Chemistry.
All the best to myself!


*I'm a bit unsatisfied about getting a B+ in Introduction to Business paper. I was only 1 MARK away from A. ARGGGHHH~~~ But the MCQ part of paper was tough, not many questions we had not covered. Haiz...

No comments: